Special to Palmetto Counseling’s Blog | May 18, 2020 12:00 PM EDT
This issue features an article by Rich Schlauch
At Palmetto Counseling Services we understand that the current COVID-19 pandemic may impact you or your loved one’s mental health. That’s why we’re dedicated to being able to continue to fulfill your mental health needs.
In response to state legislation regarding COVID-19, we’re proud to be able to reopen our doors to allow for in-person counseling sessions with select therapists while continuing to provide TeleHealth services as well.
Therapists currently offering in-person and TeleHealth appointments:
If you have concerns about meeting through TeleHealth, we will talk about it first and try to address any issues and to ensure that you understand that, if we believe it is necessary, we may determine that we return to TeleHealth for everyone’s health and well-being.
We are taking great precautions in order to keep both our therapists and our patients safe and if the pandemic or other health concerns arise, we are prepared to make the transition back to TeleHealth appointments only.
Upon making the decision to make an appointment for in-person services during COVID-19, we have an updated Informed Consent Form for you to fill out that outlines how we plan to keep both you, our staff, and therapists safe.
PCC Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic
Our office is taking the following precautions to protect our patients and help slow the spread of the coronavirus:
- Waiting and therapy rooms have been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- All staff and patients will be given a mask to wear during the session.
- Patients and staff will have temperature taken via an infrared, non-contact thermometer.
- All staff and patients shall maintain safe distancing, no physical contact permitted.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy/testing rooms, the waiting room, and at the reception counter.
- Appointments will be scheduled to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- We ask all patients to wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- Credit card pads, pens, and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
Additionally, tissues and trash bins will be easily accessed and disposed of on a frequent basis and common areas will be thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.
Palmetto Counseling and Consulting is here for you. Count on us to continue to provide the same level of services while doing everything we can to keep everyone safe during this time.
For more information, call 803-329-9639 or contact us using the form to the right.
About the author
Rich Schlauch, MSW, LISW-CP is the president and CEO of Palmetto Counseling & Consulting Services, LLC in Rock Hill, SC.