We have some exciting news! Palmetto Counseling is now offering new psychiatric services! Our team is pleased to introduce our amazing Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Rebecca Merli! Click the video below to learn more about her specialties and the services she provides.
What is Psychiatric Therapy?
Don’t know much about psychiatric therapy? No problem! Psychiatry is an area of medicine that involves the studying, diagnosing, and treating of mental health disorders, which can commonly include depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. Psychiatric services can be provided to individuals, groups, or families under the supervision of a licensed psychiatrist or licensed psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP). Psychiatrists or PMHNPs are primarily responsible for the medical and clinical evaluation, diagnosis, formulating treatment plan (which may include prescribing psychotropic medication), offering brief psychotherapy when necessary, and providing ongoing medication management services to help manage psychiatric conditions that interfere with a patient’s quality of life. In addition, psychiatrists and PMHNP have the professional and clinical background to diagnose and/or treat other mental and social problems a patient may face on a daily basis.
How can you determine if psychiatric therapy is right for you?
- Did your primary health provider recommend seeing a psychiatrist?
- Do you struggle with untreated mental health disorders?
- Do you feel as though something is off mentally, but you have yet to determine what?
- Do you want extra support for a diagnosed mental health disorder?
- Would you like support from a medical professional in your mental health journey?
- Are you interested in trying medication, procedures, and or talk therapy?
If you answered yes to any of these questions and are interested in psychiatric therapy, please call us to book any of our psychiatric services today!